<<<<<<<<<<<< SECTION STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION >>>>>>>>
We are keen to share our excitement about the various Science projects we carry out. Our team is therefore very active in outreach activities with both the younger generation of hopefully budding Scientist, but also the media and the general public.
If you would like to talk Science with us, hear about our projects, or learn about possibilities to engage with us, please feel free to contact Dr Hansen directly, or the CIR’s outreach lead Lana Woolford.
General CIR Outreach information.
2019 – ongoing Susanna
- STEM ambassador volunteer (government-funded STEM learning program), with full DBS check
- Women in STEM Mentor for University of Edinburgh EUWiSTEM student society
- Member of CIR Public Engagement (schools) committee
- Planning a set of workshops to be delivered to local primary schools as part of the CREST award
- Organised and ran stalls for local science festivals (Craigmillar Community Science Festival 14/2/19 and 29/3/19 and Midlothian Science Festival 19/10/19)
- Helped to run a teacher training event for Supercytes card game (19/6/19)
- Helped to run workshops at local primary schools on vaccines and antibiotic resistance (10/10/19) as part of Midlothian Science Festival
2019 – ongoing: Omar Salem
Member of the CIR’s public engagement science festival subcommittee
Great news Omar Salem is a co-applicant on the successful BSI public engagement award “Amazing Immunology: Be a scientist, build a vaccine”. The funds will be used towards a workshop at the Edinburgh science festival in April 2020.
Ongoing – General Lab
We value interacting with the public, please also see our “NEWS” tab, where we highlight our general outreach activities. This section here is currently under construction, watch this space for updates on our lab members extensive outreach activities! Webpage populated with outreach activities carried out since Jan 2019